Valued Chapter Members:
Welcome to the 2016-2017 term of your MPI D/FW chapter. Your Board of Directors spent time at our Annual Retreat setting goals, approving a balanced budget, and developing a business plan for the coming fiscal year. We are here to serve YOU the members of our great chapter. The primary areas of our focus this term include:
- building the volunteer experience,
- increased appreciation of our Strategic Partnerships, and
- cultivating the reputation and ROI of membership in MPI D/FW
Your chapter has so much to offer you. The logo for this term depicts a key with five circles on it. This is symbolic of the five different key areas your chapter has to offer professional and personal growth to our members:
- Communications – our e-newsletter and social media keep you informed on chapter activities
- Education and Events – enlightening industry education and networking events
- Finance/Strategic Alliances – build connections and your network by working with sponsors
- Leadership – learn ways to grow your skills
- Membership – opportunities to connect with colleagues and build our chapter
But then there is another element to consider – the theme: OWN IT! It’s your MPI, it’s your career. The chapter offers the five keys mentioned above, but it’s up to you to take ownership of them in order to maximize the opportunities for growth. We want you to become involved in your chapter, to have a great experience doing it, and to benefit from the relationships and knowledge sharing you gain from your involvement.
While our chapter could not exist without our volunteers, another significant component in our success is found in our strategic partnerships. During the 2015-2016 term, our partners donated over $400,000 (retail value) to the various programs and activities of the chapter. Each and every donation of cash, in-kind products and services are critical to our chapter’s operations. Whether you can provide cash, products or services, or your time – our chapter’s success is directly impacted.
The decision is yours – will you use the keys to success to create a positive impact on your career/life path and your chapter, or will you choose to sit on the sidelines? We hope you choose to OWN IT, since it is your career, and your MPI.
Sherry DeLaGarza, CMP, CMM
2016-2017 MPI D/FW President