Vice President of Communications & Marketing
Dana Rhoden, CMP, CMM
Veterinary Education Network
Director of Communications & Marketing
Audio Visual Management Group, Inc.
Welcome to the Communications & Marketing Committee!
Dear Fellow MPI D/FW Chapter Members:
We encourage you to join our committee. Our purpose is to communicate to our members using a variety of mediums in a consistent brand manner to our members and the public at large.
We are responsible for the following:
- Delivering our brand message to our members, generate new members and retain the existing members.
- Create, design and proof all Chapter written communication to maintain consistency of brand and information.
- Produce a quarterly magazine and newsletter
- Create or coordinate collection of articles for publication.
- Create public awareness of our industry
- Identify new methods to showcase our members, their products, services and skill sets to other members.
- Identify ways to provide sponsor benefits and support the sponsorship committee to deliver on all sponsor benefit deliverables.
- Responsible for the marketing booth used at chapter functions.
- Work with the Press and Media to expand the MPI D/FW brand
- Identify new delivery methods to communicate to our members and general public
- Pilot new communication methods (as) case studies for our members and deliver results
In 2013-2014 will focus on a variety of social media and showcasing our members.
- If you love social media or want to learn more about it and how to use it for meeting marketing
- If you like writing, editing, graphic design, photography or publications
- Want to stay connected with our members
- Have a love for or want to learn more about technology
Skills Required: A knowledge of writing, editing, graphic design and publishing skills are helpful, but not required.
Time Commitment: Each committee is different but a few hours each month. We meet once a month and use technology to stay connected..
We encourage you to join our committee if you want to be connected to our members and have fun!
Career Resource Center: This committee coordinates job and resume postings on the D/FW Chapter website in the Chapter Career Center and will develop content to help members understand the workplace opportunities.
Chair: Nann S.Philips, CMP, CMM
Magazine (The Current)
This committee produces the chapter’s award-winning magazine, The Current. The Magazine Committee edits and supervises all submissions for the magazine and shares information, as needed, with all sections of the Communications Committee. This is your chance to write articles, coordinate submissions and learn about publishing.
"Heard It Through The Grapevine"
Sponsored by Grapevine CVB
This committee keeps up with the latest news about our chapter members and we post the news in the "Heard it Through the Grapevine" section of the website and work collaboratively with the Social Media chair to post news. This includes chapter new jobs, promotions, organizational moves, service on Boards and receiving awards are examples of items listed.
The chapter is all about getting Social! So, if you’re interested in helping with the chapter’s social media initiative, then this is the committee for you.
Chair: Kacie Heil
This committee is responsible for the content of the chapter website, weekly eNews and website advertising. This is your chance to learn more about how website design works, advertising online and how it works with social media.