MPI D/FW Marketing-Communication (Mar-Com) Committee
Purpose & Objective: To serve as communicators and liaisons to the MPI D/FW committees, ensuring that all collateral meets the guidelines set forth by MPI D/FW and MPI Global. Manage the chapters Social Media presence on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram accounts and other resources as required. Produce the bi-weekly eNewsletter, event registration and maintain website.
Committee Member Minimum: 8
Annual Events: None
Time Commitment: Monthly committee meetings (avg. 90 minutes). An average of three hours per month outside of monthly committee meetings for committee members to research and write electronic newsletter articles, maintain website, and/or post on social media channels. Average of four hours per month for Chairs/co-chairs.
Direct Reports: Director of Communications
- Recording minutes at monthly Committee Meetings and assisting with Board Report.
- Oversee PR and Social Media initiatives
Public Relations – Internal (Chair/Co-Chair). Responsibilities include:
- Creates and works with Chapter President on weekly chapter E-newsletter.
- Creates and sends out Chapter emails as needed
- Writing copy, editing, proofing and bringing creativity to the mix
Public Relations – External (Chair/Co-Chair). Responsibiliies include:
- Extend network within MPI by contacting and building relationships with media to bring exposure to MPI.
- This is a fun and very interesting committee that is flexible and will offer the opportunity to learn more about the media within our industry.
- Assist w reporting from monthly experiences and networking functions, taking photos, etc. in absence of Social Media chair
- This position is also responsible for the monthly Members on the Move piece for the newsletter and social media.
Social Media (Chair/Co-Chair). Responsibilities include:
- Utilizes various social media outlets to promote chapter events and activities and to provide a forum for industry-related discussion.
- Committee members update and maintain the MPI D/FW Facebook page, add posts to the chapter LinkedIn account and post on the chapter Twitter account.
- Report from monthly experiences and networking functions, taking photos, etc.
- Maintain and report footprint from Google Analytics for monthly Committee Meeting & Board Meeting
- Be part of the strategy to increase user-generated content about the MPI D/FW chapter.
Website (Chair/Co-Chair). Responsibilities include:
- Updates and maintains the MPI D/FW website
- Provides enhanced services through the site
- Develops guidelines for submission and placement of materials on the site
- Works with the Communications Team to improve awareness and usage of the MPI D/FW website.
- Maintains Advertisement Spreadsheet and prepares report for monthly Board Meeting.
- Communicates with Finance Committee about advertising opportunities.
- Maintains Chapter Communications/Marketing Calendar and follows up with Chapter departments regarding due dates and deadline reminders, etc.
Chapter Administrator. Provides committee support including:
- Maintain registrations on website, collects event payments, etc.
- Other tasks as requested
For information, please contact VP of Communications at email@example.com